SEMINAR TITLE: Effective Business Writing (Memos, Emails, Agendas, Meeting Minutes)
Focus: business writing seminar workshop, technical writing, business writing course
TIME: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
VENUE: Unit 201 Richbelt Tower, 17 Annapolis St., Greenhills, San Juan City, Metro Manila
SCHEDULE: Please call (02) 225.66.16 or call/text mobile numbers 0926.622.0768 or 0933.584.7266. You may also click here to view schedule of the Business Training Program
I. Writing with Intent
• Learn the common objectives in business writing and basic guidelines on how to structure your communication according to your desired feedback.
A. Writing to inquire – emails, letters
B. Writing to inform – memos, minutes of the meeting, company brochures, reports C. Writing to influence – business proposals, advertising copy
D. Writing to inspire – newsletters, infographics
E. Writing to instruct – business manuals
II. Writing with Style
• Understand what it takes to create effective content tailored to the needs of your recipient.
A. Writing with clarity
B. Keeping communication concise
C. Use of conversational language
D. Maintaining cohesiveness
III. Writing with Structure
• Go through the process of pre-writing, drafting, and revising according to the type of correspondence you would like to create.
A. Business letters
1. Layout – types of business letter formats and when to use them
2. Structure – how to write your salutation, introduction, body, closing and enclosures
1. Key characteristics and purposes
2. Structure – writing your heading and content
C. Minutes of the meeting
1. Preparing for the meeting and writing the agenda
2. Basic note-taking
3. Layout and content
1. Email etiquette for professionals and organizations
2. Writing an effective subject
3. Basic structure and features
4. Common functions and phrases
5. Gmail tools – attachments, inserting images, auto-replies
6. External tools for email blast and professional email addresses
7. How to avoid flaming and spam
IV. Basic Editing
• Review your written work to create accurate and polished outputs.
1. Correct verb-forms – use of active than passive voice
2. Grammar, punctuations, capitalization, and spelling
3. Tools to proofread your document
SEMINAR FEE: Php 3,000 per person (inclusive of snacks, lunch, drinks, seminar kit, handouts, certificate of attendance)
DISCOUNT: 10% Discount if FULL AMOUNT is paid at least five (5) days before the event.
MODE OF PAYMENT:
- Deposit payment at Banco de Oro. FAX deposit slip (indicate name of participant and seminar title) to confirm reservation.
- On-site payment (CASH only)
- Company checks are accepted, provided that they are received at least five (5) banking days before the event.
RESERVATION: Please call telephone (02) 225.66.16, 0926.622.0768 or 0933.584.7266. For other inquiries, kindly send a message by filling-up the form below.
CANCELLATION BY ATTENDEE: Registrant may refund amount paid, with less 30% processing charge from the LISTED AMOUNT within 30 days, or opt to use the payment for a seminar of equal value within 60 days. Cancellation must be done at least 2 days before the event. Non-appearance or failure to inform us of cancellation will result to forfeiture of full amount paid.
CANCELLATION BY BUSINESSCOACH: Registrant may refund full amount paid within 30 days, or may opt to use the payment for a seminar of equal value within sixty days of cancellation.
REFUND POLICY: Payment may be refunded upon presentation of the original copy of bank deposit slip and a valid ID. Cash refund is strictly implemented, and may be availed only at the BusinessCoach office in San Juan City, Metro Manila. BusinessCoach does not deposit refunds.
SCHEDULE: Schedule may change without prior notice. Please call to confirm. BusinessCoach, Inc. is not liable for any expense incurred by seminar registrant resulting from cancellation of any of our events.