SEMINAR TITLE: Freight Forwarding and Multi Modal Transport
TIME: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
VENUE: Unit 201 Richbelt Tower, 17 Annapolis St., Greenhills, San Juan City, Metro Manila
SCHEDULE: Please call (632) 496.6949 or call/text mobile numbers 0926.622.0768 or 0933.584.7266. You may also click here to view schedule of the Business Training Program
The seminar you are about to delve into is designed to broaden the participants knowledge on commercial and legal aspects of transport, where issues relating international contract of sale, such as letters of credit, banking practices, liabilities of a freight forwarder and insurance claims shall be dealt with.
On the completion of this module the participant should be able to:
• Define and explain the connection between trade and transport
• Define trade between countries
• Describe barriers to practice of free trade
• Implication of currency exchange and implication to trade
• Describe types of agreements in relation to international sale transactions.
Module 1 – Linking trade and transport
• Trade and transport connections
• Trade gains
• Barriers of free trade
• Methods of payments
• International sale transactions
Module 2 – Documentary credit transactions
• International contracts of sale
• Modes of payments for international transactions
• Documentary credit and its advantages and procedures
• Role for freight forwarders
• Description of settlement
• Other modes of payments
Module 3 – Incoterms
• What are incoterms?
• Development of incoterms
• 2010 Incoterms
• Duties of buyers and sellers
• Incoterms and E-Commerce
Module 4– Arrangements in transport
• Shipping/Carrier service/Conference line
• Freight forwarders deal with conference liners
• Determining choice of service
Module 5 – Evolving role of freight forwarder
• Functions of a modern freight forwarder
• Defining forwarders as principal or agent?
Module 6 – Bills of lading and other transportation documents
• Bill of lading and contents
• MBL and HBL
• Negotiable and Non-Negotiable
• Other transport documents
Module 7-Carriers liability in relation to goods
• Liability of freight forwarders
• Common factors that leads to liabilities
Module 8: Practice of cargo consolidation
• Consolidation defined
• Freight forwarder as a Consolidator
• Advantages of Consolidations
Module 9: Multimodal transport
• Definition, Advantages and Forms
Module 10: Cargo and Packaging
• Commodity to cargo
• Methods of cargo packaging
• Handling and preparation
• Loading and unloading
• Documents and packaging
Module 11: Cargo handling equipments
• Port equipment
• Vessel handling equipment
Module 12: Freight quotations and payments
• Freight quotes
• Job costings
• Meeting customers’ wants
Module 13: Alternative transport solutions
• Types of MTos
• Relations with intervening parties
• Scope of MTos
Please bring the following:
• Sample bill of lading
• Sample letter of credit
SEMINAR FEE: Php 3,000.00 per person (inclusive of snacks, lunch, drinks, seminar kit, handouts, certificate)
DISCOUNT: 10% Discount if FULL AMOUNT is paid at least five (5) days before the event.
MODE OF PAYMENT:
• Deposit payment at Banco de Oro. Savings Account Name: BusinessCoach, Inc. Then kindly fax deposit slip (indicate name of participant and seminar title) to confirm reservation.
• On-site payment (CASH only)
• Company checks are accepted, provided that they are received at least five (5) banking days before the event.
RESERVATION: Please call telephone 496.69.49, 0926.622.0768 or 0933.584.7266. For other inquiries, kindly send a message by filling-up the form below.
CANCELLATION BY ATTENDEE: Registrant may refund amount paid, with less 30% processing charge from the LISTED AMOUNT within 30 days, or opt to use the payment for a seminar of equal value within 60 days. Cancellation must be done at least 2 days before the event. Non-appearance or failure to inform us of cancellation will result to forfeiture of full amount paid.
CANCELLATION BY BUSINESS COACH: Registrant may refund full amount paid within 30 days, or may opt to use the payment for a seminar of equal value within sixty days of cancellation.
REFUND POLICY: Payment may be refunded upon presentation of the original copy of bank deposit slip and a valid ID. Cash refund is strictly implemented, and may be availed only at the Business Coach office in San Juan City, Metro Manila. Business Coach does not deposit refunds.
SCHEDULE: Schedule may change without prior notice. Please call to confirm. Business Coach, Inc. is not liable for any expense incurred by seminar registrant resulting from cancellation of any of our events.